A downloadable relationship assistant
You and your companion(s) awaken in a realm unlike your own.
Divine machines glitter from every side of the room, and ask about yourself and those around you.
To make it back home, answer them honestly and reveal your truth to not just the automatons… but to the partner(s) you are sitting with.
The only way to win is to be vulnerable.
Please note, this is the print-and-play version! If you'd like to purchase a pre-printed, boxed deck, see its "thegamecrafter" page!
In this deck are three types of cards, indicated by the number of eyes in the circle symbol on the card backs.
- One eye = lighthearted cards that are easy to play with friends both old and new
- Two eyes = cards that you would typically ask people to become closer friends
- Three eyes = these are the cards that ask you to share more with a partner
There are several ways to use this deck. Here is one way I know of, but in your journey in the emotional robot world, you might come up with something even better:
Set the Scene: If possible, please set up the table/space to make you and your partner(s) comfortable. Some examples are:
- Set down a tablecloth/blanket/scarf for the cards to be laid out on
- Light some candles (or use battery-operated ones)
- Sit in a circle of items that are beloved by you and your partner(s)
Stack the deck (Optional): Some cards in the deck work better for certain situations. You and your partner should lay out the cards and decide:
- What cards am I excited to potentially get in my hand?
- What cards make me feel restless/uneasy right now?
- Based on your comfort level, select what cards will be in that session's deck.
Shuffle and Draw Cards: After shuffling the deck, players draw a card (if there are enough cards per person). If there aren't, decide who will get a card.
A Speaker Begins: Whoever is most comfortable to speak to one of their cards will go first. They are the Speaker, and will lay a card face up in the center of the table. The Speaker will answer the card and have a chance to decide if they want to voice any Needs (see rules for suggestions).
Listener(s) Response: While the Speaker is taking their turn, Listeners must pay attention to what they say, and earnestly Respond (see rules for suggestions). After Responding, the Listener can choose to share an answer to the Speaker's card in return.
Continue The Cycle: Players will continue to become Speakers in a clockwise manner. Once the group feels satisfied with the interaction, you may decide - Are you and the divine machines satisfied with the answers shared between you?
In order to download this relationship assistant you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $7 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.